Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Vintage pet bed luggage






Pin It

When i first saw this on Pinterest i couldn't wait to do it myself. It wasn't easy really finding vintage luggage because if you did they were WAY OVER PRICED. But i happened to be at my usual spot (Goodwill) and came upon this little one for only $7. I couldn't resist. I looked around for some decent throw pillows to save me some sewing (which i really need to learn how to do) and found a pair for $2 each. I googled the steps to attaching the legs and such and found the perfect tutorial. The attach link has all the info. http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/177690/list/DIY-Project--Vintage-Suitcase-Dog-Bed
I purchased the 1x5 wood for $3 the t-nuts for $1.50 and the legs for $3 @ my local Home Depot. I went ahead and drilled the holes onto the 1x5 and on the luggage and made sure the legs fit and was secure. After, i spray painted the legs to what i had available in the garage, which was metallic bronze. Waiting a few  hours i re-attached the legs and voila! This project in total cost me about $28. If you had some scrap woods laying around im sure it would be cheaper to use those for the legs. I just wanted to be fancy =)


LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment